The lovely Tiffani over at Pretend this is Fiction thinks that my blog is on fire (she also called me funny and sweet, which I'm going to be basking in for the next few days, oh yes).
I'm a new reader of Tiffani's blog, and I can't wait to read more of her amusing and/or thoughtful posts.
The rules state that I've now got to give 7 facts about myself, and then pass the award onto more equally lovely bloggers. So, here goes:
Seven Facts About Emma
1. I'm an only child. Growing up as an only child with no pets made language lessons a bit annoying. You know those lessons where you have to learn how to say how many brothers and sisters you have, and/or how many pets you have and what they are? Yeah, my teacher told me to make them up. I was a little offended by the idea my real life wasn't interesting enough to be translated into German.
2. I'm left handed, and in the teeny 2% of left handers with parents that are both right handed.
3. I've been to Walt Disney World 13 or 14 times (I've genuinely lost count. I feel bad about this).
4. My favourite song of all time is Beverly Craven's Promise Me. It's not a cheery song, and isn't really like any of the other songs on my 'favourite song' list, but it's so haunting and beautiful.
5. I started keeping an online journal years and years ago, when I was 14, on LiveJournal. I actually still have the same account, although I rarely post on there these days (compared to the 3 or 4 times a day I posted on there at the peak of my LJ blogging addiction!).
6. I epilate, rather than shave, my legs and underarms. It's a lot (A LOT) more painful initially, but it means the hair grows back so much slower and thinner. Which is useful for someone as lazy as me when it comes to hair removal.
7. When I was younger I had a Beanie Baby that I used to take everywhere with me. His name was Bongo.
See? Pretty cute, right? (the monkey, not me, obviously. I've no idea what's going on with my hair. Or my teeth, but that was an ongoing thing).
I give the Blog On Fire award to:
Little at Romantically Challenged - I loved the design of this blog straight away, and then I got drawn in by the content. It's so open and honest, and I love the Secret Sunday posts.
Emma at DayDream Believer - This is my lovely friend Emma's blog. It's a great way for me to be nosy at what she's doing, but it's just a great blog because she posts so many great photos about all kinds of things, from clothes to bands she's seen.
Mallory at Seedling - The photos on Mallory's blog are stunning! They manage to make every aspect of her life look colourful and fascinating.
Brooke at Go Grad Girl - This blog is a fun selection of posts, from the Things I Like Thursday posts to more everyday posts about Brooke's life. She's also in the same 'just finished university' boat as me!
Ta-da! Wasn't that fun?