Friday 14 October 2011

Sniff.

How has it been 5 days since I've updated this blog of mine?! I'm not sure where the time has gone!

My parents came down to visit me on Wednesday, and we had a lovely day. Unfortunately I didn't take my camera with me! I assumed my mother would have hers and she assumed the same about me, so we ended up with no cameras. Disappointing stuff.

I sometimes wonder what would have happened if I hadn't moved to Southampton with Dan and had moved back to Cardiff instead. Would I still be living at home, or would I have got my own place to myself by now? I really miss my parents - I always thought I would live just around the corner from them, the way my mother lives only a 15 minute walk from my grandparents, but clearly that hasn't happened. I'd like to think that one day I'll get to move back to Cardiff. I do miss it.

---

I came down with a cold on Wednesday evening so spent most of yesterday curled up in bed finishing reading One Day. Yes, I decided to jump on the bandwagon and read it, since everybody and his brother seems to have read it. I really enjoyed it. I liked that the ending wasn't the traditional happy ending that it so easily could have been.
It was the first time in AGES that I've literally not wanted to put a book down (that probably accounts for the lack of blogging!), and I was left feeling really inspired to write. I love books that give me that feeling.

I called in sick to work this morning, but I'm going to drag myself there this evening (I'm working a split) because I hate feeling like I'm letting people down.

---

Oh, and I'm featured over on For the Love of Blogs today, so you should go and check that out! (it's not all the exciting, mind you).

FTLOB

If you've come over from there, HI! Welcome!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make me feel all warm and fuzzy inside :)