Thursday 20 October 2011

Not being orientated.

Today I got up at 6am and caught the train to Portsmouth, because I was told that my Holiday Inn orientation was today. But when I got there, I discovered that, as it turns out, it wasn't today. It had been rescheduled to last week but no one had told my manager or, you know, me. So I was in Portsmouth for no reason. Awesome.

I decided to make the trip worthwhile and grabbed myself a hot chocolate (since it was SUPER COLD) then did a bit of shopping in Gunwharf Quays. And then I came back to Eastleigh on the train and did a bit more shopping there. Which made me feel a lot better about getting up ridiculously early for nothing.

I picked up a notebook in Paperchase, Cath Kidston sticky notes (in case it wasn't a little bit obvious from my blog background, I love Cath Kidston designs) and a pack of 10 retractable Sharpie pens:

P1070213

I also managed to get a pretty black and white star dress from the teen section (for age 13, if you can believe that. The age 14 was too big for me, wtf mate?) of New Look - for only £6 in a sale, bargain!

P1070211

While I was in Eastleigh I noticed a sign in the McDonald's window advertising that the Big Tasty is back. Dan LOVES that burger and was super upset when they stopped doing it at the end of summer, so obviously that meant we had to have dinner at McDonald's this evening. I tried the Big Tasty as well, because for all Dan's rave reviews I'd never tried it. To be fair, it was a v. tasty burger. I just find McDonald's burgers a bit too sloppy and messy. Chicken McNuggets are a much safer option for a messy eater like me!

15 comments:

  1. LOVE that dress! It is both sophisticated and playful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Emma, I am so jealous you can just pop into a Paperchase store. I LOVE their journals but the only store in the US that sold them, Borders, shut its doors completely last month. I have no clue where or how I'm going to get Paperchase journals now, as I don't think they're sold online. *sniff*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahaaaa cant beat some Chicken nuggests after a drunken night out in Eastleigh! ;) haha xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's too bad they messed up your orientation. Looks like it was a worth while trip anyway though :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ronni - They do sell online, but since it's a British company you'd have to pay £20 to have it shipped to the US, which seems a lot! Depends how much you love their journals :P

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the Big Tasty! It's amazing! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well done you for making the most of the day! Is Dan on half term now? Hope you have a good week if so!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pretty cool that you didn't get all bent out of shape about the situation :)
    Loving the star dress by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That dress is a really great find! I love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. i love that you found a great teen dress! so cute!
    thanks for linking up on my blog today!
    xox dana
    thewonderforest.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oohhh, that sucks about going into Portsmouth for nothing. But at least you bought some cute things!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ahh, love Paperchase! (Sadly my wallet doesn't...) :) Stopping over from FTLOB!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love those Cath Kidston sticky notes! I always end up not wanting to use them though...

    www.sunshine-rainbows-and-ribbons.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the dress! Stopping by from the blog hop (although late) and following you thru GFC. I would love a follow back when you get the chance. Thanks so much for your help and have a great week!

    Mary@http://www.mmbearcupoftea.com

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me feel all warm and fuzzy inside :)