Friday 2 September 2011

Things.

1. Dan and I went to Cardiff (my hometown) for a couple of days on Tuesday. We were planning on staying until today (Friday), but on Tuesday I got an email from the Holiday Inn asking if I could start on Wednesday. Typical! Luckily I managed to get hold of James (my new manager!), who said it was okay for me to start on Thursday instead. So I didn't get quite as long in Cardiff as I'd have liked, but at least my mother had the day off on our one full day so I could spend some time with her.

2. I started my job yesterday! I went in at 4pm to sign paperwork and be given 'the tour', and then started work at 6pm. It was so busy and chaotic, but the time went by so quickly and I really enjoyed it! Everyone seems really nice, too, which definitely helps. I didn't get home until midnight (although that was partially because a road on my way home was closed, so I had to take a massive detour) and was completely shattered!

3. Unfortunately I've been scheduled to work on Sunday. And because I'm brand sparkling new at my job, I don't think it's acceptable to ask to change dates so soon, which means I don't get to go to London to meet up with my girl friends. I'm really gutted, because it's been months since I've seen any of them, and could be months before I get another opportunity to get us all together in one place.
This is the problem with growing up; everyone has their own schedule, and it's tricky to get everyone's lined up. Le sigh.

4. I don't like the new Blogger.

Photobucket

6 comments:

  1. I don't like the new blogger either :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree. This new blogger is not fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I guess I'm used to the new Blogger UI -laughs- I use the Blogger in Draft so I see a lot of new stuff. I personally like it a lot more, the old one seemed quite...out-dated if you will.

    Good luck w/ your job. :D Hoping to hear back from mine that I put an application in with.

    ReplyDelete
  4. HA I don't think I hate the new blogger, but I just don't like change!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lol, I haven't been brave enough to give the new blogger a try yet. Jury's still out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am not good with change either. I am with Emma, the jury is still out.

    Kathy
    http://gigglingtruckerswife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me feel all warm and fuzzy inside :)