Wednesday 14 September 2011

Facebook nostalgia.

I'm sure you've all noticed the way that Facebook is bringing up old statuses on the right hand side of some pages, right? It doesn't seem to be for any reason other than to provoke a feeling of bittersweet nostalgia. The other day I had

On This Day In 2009
Emma is going to her first ever American football game today.
Man, that seems like a long time ago. Well, I guess it was two years ago. Still. It's odd to see the passage of time just there, at the side of my Facebook page, reminding me of how different my life was then to how it is now. Luckily (is it luckily? I'm not sure) I don't post all that many Facebook statuses so it probably won't be a problem I have all that often. Just enough to give me a quick stab at the heart every now and then. And I suppose, in a way, it's a little bit nice. I wouldn't remember these exact dates, these exact occasions without them.

Thank you for your thoughtful comments on yesterday's post, by the way. They made me realise that I'm far from the only one thinking these things, and that if I want to travel and not be stuck in this job for more than a year it's entirely up to me to make it happen.

Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. i love the "one this day" notice on fb. it really does bring back great (and nostalgic) memories! :)

    hope you can come visit soon & enter my YSL inspired arty ring giveaway HERE :)

    xx,
    cins - design3rd

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the facebook reminders of what I was doing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the Facebook reminders, except I hardly ever see them. When I do I usually think to myself "Ew, I hate myself" haha.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me feel all warm and fuzzy inside :)