Tuesday 29 November 2011

Cheese.

I've really been slacking with the posting here lately, haven't I?! There's some things going on in my real life at the moment that's kind of taking away from my blogging time, but hopefully it'll calm down soon and I can return to my normal blogging schedule (not that I have an actual blogging schedule - I'm horrible at keeping to schedules so I don't even try!). Since I hate strongly dislike it when bloggers post cryptic things without explanation on their blog, I'm going to assure you that I will explain soon. I'll probably even do a whole post on it, ooh.

Anyway, moving on. On Saturday my mother and I ventured up to the Birmingham NEC to go to the Good Food Show Winter. We've been to the summer one for the past few years because it's been at the same time, and in the same show, as the Gardener's World Live show. Since we've realised that we only really go for the food and not the gardens, we decided to go along to the winter show as well this year!

We ate SO MUCH FREE FOOD. It was amazing. From Italian meats to ice cream, yoghurt to quiches, pork pies to cheese, you name it, we ate it. Speaking of cheese, they'd had the World Cheese Awards there a couple of days before, and had all of the cheeses out on display.

P1070578 edited
P1070580 edited

I had never seen so much cheese in one place before and, let's be honest, probably never will again. I was impressed. Because yes, I apparently get impressed by cheese.

It was lovely to spend a day out with my mother (even if I did have to get up at 6am on my day off to get there, yeesh!). I'm so looking forward to going home for my birthday (two weeks today, eek!) and getting to spend a proper couple of days there, rather than just seeing my parents for a few hours at a time as I've been doing since I moved down here.

10 comments:

  1. Wooooah that is so much cheese! I bloody love cheese and would have been magnatised to the stand haha! I hope the thing in your life is a good one! Xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate cheese!!! :( Booo! This post made me freak out a little. (kidding) although if I had gone, I couldnt go near the stand. The smell of cheese is revolting!

    Hope your thing is a good thing?! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum! I'm glad you had a good time, I've always wanted to go to one of these shows - would you recommend?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah looks amazing! I think I'd've tried every single cheese lol! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Auuuhhhh this post makes me want to eat cheese to the face!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Emma - I'd definitely recommend these kind of shows! They're so much fun! There's no pressure to buy, but there's plenty available if you want to. They're a great day out.

    ReplyDelete
  7. holy cheese :) my goodness that is in insane. i don't think i have ever seen so much cheese in all my life. did you at least get to eat it?!? haha

    ReplyDelete
  8. seriously-cheese and a half there!

    (from FTLOB)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, that is pretty beautiful. haha I probably will never see that much cheese in my life, but I can dream.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me feel all warm and fuzzy inside :)