Monday 18 July 2011

Cabin fever.

It's my third day of being stuck inside with chickenpox and I'm getting a little fed up. Well, a lot fed up. I don't need to be out all day doing loads, but I'd like the option, you know?

I've been busy revamping my blog, though, so that's something I've achieved. I've changed the background, header, added a fancy navigation bar across the top, a matching fancy introduction paragraph, and even a signature. I'm quite pleased with the results. It reminded me of when I was 12 or 13 and I used to get so much pleasure out of fiddling around with my layout on LiveJournal, or even Girland (did anyone else used to use that site? I was obsessed with changing the layout that showed up when you posted on the forum), using my minimal knowledge of HTML. They were good times.

I've also been playing The Sims Medieval. Dan bought me the game when we were in Asda last week (because he's lovely) (and because he's hoping that I'll remember that display of niceness when he wants to buy a new Transformer toy) because I'd been going on about it for ages. I like it, but ... it lacks the freedom that I love in the original Sims games. In order to play as a character you have to do be doing a quest, which means there's always something specific to be doing, rather than just letting the Sims get on with their lives. I get bored with games easily, which is why The Sims has always appealed to me - you can jump around and do different things all the time without it negatively affecting the game. Much as it may disappoint my boyfriend, I don't think I'll ever be a 'gamer'.

Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. I'd completely forgotten about Girland haha! I used to post really stupid problems on the forums and get equally stupid answers... ah, the good old days, hehe!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me feel all warm and fuzzy inside :)